Assignr LLC (“Company,” “We,”, “Our”, or “Us” ) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from organizational subscribers to our web-based management and assigning service for sports officials, referees, and umpires (the “Services”), their individual employee or contractor authorized users, or trial users of our Services (collectively “You”) or that you may provide when you visit our website www.assignr.com (the “Website”) and/or use our Services provided (via browser or assignr.com app) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- Offline through telephone conversations.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, or that can be combined with other information to personally identify or contact you, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, payment information (of subscribers), or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”). You are not obligated to provide Personal Information, although you may need to provide some information to register as a subscriber or as an authorized user, or engage in other transactions on the Website;
- If you have access to the restricted areas of the Website, we may collect additional information in order to provide the Services to you such as information relating to coursework or training programs, requirements, or materials provided, recorded, logged or entered in by you as a subscriber or an authorized user of a Subscriber or a trial user as part of our Services; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and usage details.
We endeavor to limit the types of Personal Information that we collect from authorized users, subscribers and trial users, to information that allows us to best provide the Services to you.
We collect this information:
- Directly from subscribers, authorized users or trial users when you provide it to us.
- For authorized users of organizational subscribers, from your subscriber.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, for example.
- From our vendors who process transactions on our behalf.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you as subscriber, trial user, authorized user, or your subscriber, if applicable, provides by filling in forms or templates on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our Service, using our Service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Information that you, as a trial user, authorized user or your subscriber, if applicable, provide to us relating to officiating, games that you have worked, reports that you have submitted, or reports that others have submitted regarding games that you may have worked.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you as authorized user, or your subscriber contacts us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website for the subscription to our services
- Your search queries on the Website.
You acknowledge and agree that any information you provide through the creation of your account and use of the Services as stated above, if you are an authorized user of an organizational subscriber, may be viewed by your supervisor or other employer personnel. we cannot control the actions of your employer. As a result, we cannot and do not guarantee that your account information will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public or semi-public (restricted to authorized users of an organizational subscriber) areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to Us, including any Personal Information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you and, if you are an authorized user of a subscriber, to your subscriber. All information, including Personal Information, of an authorized user is available to such authorized user’s subscriber.
- To provide you with information, products, or Services that you request from Us, process transactions, and send to you related information, including confirmations and receipts.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To engage in research and analysis to maintain and enhance our Services.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about third-parties’ programs and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send us an email stating your request at [email protected] For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Content saved to your account, information about your account, and any user data inputted into your account, including folders you create, data you enter, materials you submit, content you have reviewed and saved, content you have shared or posted, and other similar information related to your use of the Services will only be accessible to the Company, and in the case of authorized users of an organizational subscriber, to that organizational subscriber (which may be your employer). We will not share any information with other third party users of the Services outside of your account or your organizational subscriber, if applicable, unless you choose to share it. To be clear, if you are an authorized user of an organizational subscriber (which may be your employer), the organizational subscriber will have full view, access and control over your account. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that the content in your account will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (For example, if you give us an email address to use the “direct messaging” feature of the Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients).
- If you are an authorized user of a subscriber, to that subscriber to view and track your training requirements as required by the subscriber. All of your User Contributions, and all information you input in using the Services can be viewed and monitored by your subscriber.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business provided that such service providers have entered into confidentiality agreements to protect any Personal Information and only use it for the purposes of providing the services for which they are engaged.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Stripe, Inc. processes transactions (including payment transactions) on our behalf and may receive Personal Information from you or from us in connection with the performance of these services. If you use the Stripe Checkout feature on our Website to pay for a subscription to the Services, any Personal Information you enter into Stripe Checkout is sent directly from your browser to Stripe, Inc. to process payment transactions for the Services on our behalf. Stripe, Inc. is independent of the Company and has its own privacy and security policies.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
This Website uses Facebook and Twitter tracking pixels to gather data for advertising, measurement and analytics purposes. The data collected allows Facebook, Twitter, and its partners to identify a user demographic so that Facebook, Twitter, and partners can display advertisements to users with similar demographic profiles. The data shared with Facebook and Twitter does not personally identify you (for example we do not share user names or contact information with Facebook or Twitter).
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request at [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions, or you may click the “unsubscribe” button.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. If you use Stripe Checkout to pay for the Services, your payment information is sent directly from the your browser to Stripe Checkout and is exchanged for a token (limited to only the last four digits of the payment card, expiration date, type of card and email address), which the Company stores on our servers. We do not store your full payment card information. We use SSL encryption of all traffic between your browser and our servers. Unfortunately, despite our security measures, no data transmission across the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure, and as a result, we assume no liability for any damage to you as the result of any misused, intercepted or altered transmission.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Last modified: July 25, 2019